Thursday, June 3, 2010

June 3, 2010

I am sure that most of you have heard about everything that has been happening here in Guatemala. So I would like to take a minute and thank you for your prayers. I can honestly say that I did not know how bad everything was until I talked to my dad and he asked if I was okay and how much damage we got. Praise the Lord the only thing that we got here in PatzĂșn was rain and lots of it. We got about eight inches in one night and it rained for several days.

There was a group here during the storm and when they tried to leave they had to take a bus because the vans that they came in could not make it back to the capital. The roads were in to bad of shape. Monday when uncle Ken and aunt Cindy went to the capital they had to drive an hour out of the way to get to the capital.

One of the scary things is that some of the towns that have been talked about in the news I have been to. I know people that live there. I read on one web site that Chimaltenango is one of the worst places. We dive through Chimaltenango to get to the capital. I do not know if what they say is true or not but it is scary that we could have been driving through that town when all of this happened. Again PRAISE THE LORD FOR HIS PROTECTION. And thank you for your prayers. We are fine and do not have any damage here in PatzĂșn.


This is me on the volcano that erupted.


Again thank you for your prayers and concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment